StoreFrontLab presents I Love Extremophiles by New York-based experimental landscape studio, GRNASFCK. Get back to basics with extremophile bacteria, nature's original metabolic organisms, and now the de-facto stewards of the post-industrial landscape. GRNASFCK transforms the gallery into a laboratory and a conference center to illuminate the forms and habitats of these little-known urban citizens, and examine diversity and hyper-resiliancy at the microscale.
As part of GRNASFCK's three-day installation, the Summit on Invisible Urbanism brought together interdisciplinary thinkers to speculate on the biological, virtual, and moral tools at our deploy in confronting the post-industrial landscape, and designing for resiliency in an ecologically destabilized future. Many thanks to the panelists:
• David Fletcher, Landscape Architect, Fletcher Studio
• Andrew Cal, Molecular Genetics + Cell Biology, Mango Materials
• Nicholas Korrody, Artist, Theorist + Writer, Archinect
• Geneva Travis, Management Consultant, Water Division of ARCADIS
• Murphy Stein, R&D, Google; Futurist